OFFCITY AiR 2022: Reading Public Space / Open call
Through this year's residency programme, we would like to support 3–5 artists or theorists. Selected residents will receive a fee of CZK 10,000, a budget up to CZK 5,000 to cover material or technical costs, a residential studio for 1–2 weeks. Deadline for applications is August 10, 2022.
Offcity Air 2022: READING PUBLIC SPACE
Residential program for artists and theorists in Pardubice, CZ
Through this year's program, we would like to support 3–5 artists or theorists (the number of supported projects will depend on each project's requirements). Selected residents will receive a fee of CZK 10,000, a budget up to CZK 5,000 to cover material or technical costs, a residential studio for 1-2 weeks, and – if necessary – further consultations, networking with local cultural projects, organizations and artists.
OFFCITY is an independent platform based in Pardubice, Czech Republic. It works with a theme of a city as a structure and a living organism, it explores different views of the city, it introduces to public various forms of artistic and architectural expression, it shows them how to perceive art and culture as an integral part of our natural and social environment. OFFCITY organises lectures, workshops, art events in public space, etc. It opens up and keeps a public dialogue on issues concerning arts in public space, architecture, urban space etc. We have been organizing a creative residency program since 2016. Our aim is to open interdisciplinary, interregional and international cooperation.
What we provide:
- an opportunity to slow down, experiment, research, concentrate and network
- an accommodation and a work space for 1–2 weeks
- a production assistance and guidance
- production budget to cover material or technical costs up to CZK 5,000 CZK
- a fee 10 000 CZK (in case of duo or collective the sum will be devided evenly)
There is no separate reimbursement for travel expenses.
Term of the residency:
September – November 2022 (by the mutual agreement)
What is expected:
- active participation in creative residence, open communication
- understanding and respect for the place, town, its human or other inhabitants
- realization of one public presentation / walk (during the residency or other agreed)
- The deadline for applications is August 10, 2022.
- The decision will be announced by August 30, 2022.
How to apply:
- Please, fill in the application form either in Czech or in English.
- Enclose your CV and portfolio (selected projects, max 5 A4, pdf or your webpage with online gallery).
- Send your proposal to [email protected]
Please get in touch via [email protected] with any questions.
The residency project is realized with a kind financial support of Pardubice.