We invite artists, architects and practitioners from other fields to react to the theme or questions of public space of Pardubice. We look for and support site-creating projects, ideas and thoughts.
OFFCITY is an independent platform based in Pardubice, Czech Republic. It works with a theme of a city as a structure and a living organism, it explores different views of the city, it introduces to public various forms of artistic and architectural expression, it shows them how to perceive art and culture as an integral part of our natural and social environment.
OFFCITY organises lectures, workshops, art events in public space, etc. It opens up and keeps a public dialogue on issues concerning arts in public space, architecture, urban space etc. Our international creative residency program is based on equal opportunities. There are no age limits or conditions regarding practice or education. The final selection of projects will be made by a jury composed of members of the Offcity collective, theoreticians, artists and other experts that we consider important for the Pardubice cultural area.
TThe call invites artists, architects and practitioners from other fields to react to the theme or questions of public space of Pardubice. We look for and support site-creating projects, ideas and thoughts. The short-term residency (2 weeks) will enable to the selected residents to come across with the place and its topic, to answer it, to work with it, both individually and collectively with other fellow residents. Its aim is to open interdisciplinary, interregional and international cooperation.
This year topic: Void
In 2019, the call goes out for proposals that focus on void spaces. In what contexts and situations do urban voids purport? When and where can they be understood as a potential? When and where does void include a positive aspect, when a negative one? And what does void in public space actually mean? We are interested in various scales and contexts – micro and macro, ecological aspects, relations to natural resources, capacities, urban planning, void in terms of time and space, void both as a risk and as a potential.
- opportunities for research, experimentation, professional development and networking
- to enjoy and work at places with the unique genius loci, to take part in their cultivation and formation a bright new memory - an accommodation and a work space during the residency
- a production assistance (production budget, if necessary, is negotiated on an individual basis)
- a fee 14 000 CZK (in case of duo or collective the sum will be devided)
There is no separate reimbursement for travel expenses.
Term of the residency:
July 22–August 3, 2019
What is expected:
- to actively take part in the residency
- to probe urban environment as sites of both playfulness and social involvement
- to understand and to respect the situs, town, its human or other inhabitants
- to realise a public presentation / performance / installation during or at the end of the residency (solo or in cooperation with fellow residents)
The application deadline is April 30, 2019. The decision will be announced by May 31, 2019.
Please, fill in the application form - externí odkaz either in Czech or in English. The application must include a project proposal (max 300 words) and a brief artist statement (max 200 words). Enclose your CV and portfolio (selected projects, max 5 A4, pdf or your webpage with online gallery).
Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Financial support: Ministry of culture of the Czech Republic, City of Pardubice.