OFFCITY AiR 2021 / Open call
Through this year's residency programme, we would like to support 3–5 artists or theorists. Selected residents will receive a fee of CZK 10,000, a budget up to CZK 5,000 to cover material or technical costs, a residential live-in studio in the Automatic Mills for 1–4 weeks. Deadline for applications is April 15, 2021.
OFFCITY is an independent platform based in Pardubice, Czech Republic. It works with a theme of a city as a structure and a living organism, it explores different views of the city, it introduces to public various forms of artistic and architectural expression, it shows them how to perceive art and culture as an integral part of our natural and social environment. OFFCITY organises lectures, workshops, art events in public space, etc. It opens up and keeps a public dialogue on issues concerning arts in public space, architecture, urban space etc. We have been organizing a creative residency program since 2016. Our aim is to open interdisciplinary, interregional and international cooperation.
Through this year's programme, we would like to support 3–5 artists or theorists (the number of supported projects will depend on the received funding, and the each project's requirements). Selected residents will receive a fee of CZK 10,000, a budget up to CZK 5,000 to cover material or technical costs, a residential live-in studio in the Automatic Mills for 1–4 weeks, and – if necessary – further consultations, networking with local cultural projects, organizations and artists. Preference will be given to artists or theorists whose work has been significantly affected by the pandemic situation, and for whom this residence format will be a way to restart their creative work.
- an opportunity to slow down, experiment, research, concentrate and network
- to enjoy and work at places with the unique genius loci
- an accommodation and a work space for 1–4 weeks
- a production assistance and guidance
- production budget to cover material or technical costs up to CZK 5,000 CZK
- a fee 10 000 CZK (in case of duo or collective the sum will be devided evenly)
There is no separate reimbursement for travel expenses.
Term of the residency:
- May – June & September – December 2021 (by the mutual agreement)
What is expected:
- to actively take part in the residency, open communication
- to understand and to respect the situs, town, its human or other inhabitants
- to realise one public presentation / performance / installation during or at the end of the residency
The application deadline is April 15, 2021. The decision will be announced by April 30, 2021.
How to apply:
- Please, fill in the application form either in Czech or in English.
- Enclose your CV and portfolio (selected projects, max 5 A4, pdf or your webpage with online gallery).
- Send your proposal to [email protected]
Please get in touch via [email protected] with any questions.